Monday, May 25, 2009

Shilpa Shetty turns down Akon


Shilpa Shetty was supposed to perform with the American R&B star Akon at the IPL finals on Sunday night. But she decided to opt out at the last minute.

When contacted Shilpa explained, "I was just not prepared. It was an international platform, not some village nautanki. I had to be fully ready. And I just didn't get time to rehearse. So I regretfully had to say no. But I'd rather not give anything less than my best when I'm representing my country."

Shilpa says she was happy to be just a spectator at the finals. "So what if my team wasn't playing. I think I'm sporting enough to enjoy the game as just a part of the audience."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Game of Thrones starts from April 14 | Final Season

The final season of Game of Thrones premieres on April 14 and ahead of the season that reveals who ultimately sits on the Iron Throne, ...